IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR RENTAL AND TOUR GUESTS:
Day of tips for rentals and tours:
- Bring a major credit card, driver’s license and a change of clothes with you.
- We recommend arriving 30 minutes early to allow time for the necessary paperwork.
- Groups of more than 5 people should plan on arriving 45 minutes early.
- There is no waterproof-storage on the bike.
- We can keep items locked in the shop while you ride or you may wish to leave certain valuables at home.
- While you may not get covered in mud, you will be riding in the hills of West Virginia! So will likely get a little dirty.
- Please understand that hills, rocks, ruts, trees, and dirt are all things you will likely see while on the trails.
- We recommend wearing long pants (jeans or durable riding pants), long sleeve shirts and boots.
- Please do not wear sandals or shorts.
- To save time at check-in, please download our waiver from the website, fill it out and bring it with you on the day of your trip.
Important Policies for rentals and tours:
- Security Deposit: We do require a security deposit for every machine that is rented. Even if you are scheduled for a guided tour, you must pay the deposit.
- YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AND ALL DAMAGES WHILE THE MACHINE IS IN YOUR POSSESSION.
- Cleaning fee: Renters (with the exception of those on a guided tour) will be charged a cleaning fee of $20/bike.
- To avoid the fee, renters are more than welcome to use our onsite wash rack and clean the bike themselves before turning it in.
- Late fees will still apply.
- Each renter must pass a diagnostic test to ride on trails.
- Ultimate discretion is left to park staff.
- Additional charges will apply if guide is needed.
- Inclement Weather Policy: We ride rain or shine.
- If the staff at the trailhead feel the weather is unsafe (lightning, heavy winds, etc.) then you will be offered a rain check, which will be good for one year.
- There are no refunds for weather.
- We will not offer any rain checks based on forecasts.
- Burning Rock staff and guides reserve the right to refuse participation for any guest who we feel is not physically or mentally capable of completing the trip safely.
- This is a safety measure for you and our staff.
- All cancellations outside 30 days from the start of the reservation will be refunded the deposit less a $20 processing fee.
- All cancellations inside 30 days from the start of the reservation will forfeit the deposit.
- Any cancellations made within 7 days of arrival risks forfeiture of the entire amount of the reservation.
- All reservations are allowed one date change as long as the change in date is requested at least one week prior to arrival and the new date falls within the same calendar year.
- Last minute (within 7 days of arrival) date changes are treated just like a cancellation and a new deposit will be required.
If you have any questions regarding payments or your reservation, please don’t hesitate to contact the reservation center at 304.683.9240. If you have questions about your trip, the park, the trails, or what else to expect, please don’t hesitate to contact the shop at 304.683.924