- We are in Raleigh County, WV apx 15 minutes south of Beckley. Directions
- From I64/77-Take Exit 42 and follow signs for Sophia. Once in Sophia, turn right on W. Main Street (Rt. 16). Drive for 3.5 miles and Burning Rock is on your left.
- Yes, we have a 70+ acre trailhead that includes cabins, rv sites and tent camping. You can call 304-683- 9242 or book online
- Visit here for options and prices.
Sophia allows ATV/SxS/Dirtbike traffic on McAlpin Road and the main street thru town. You are welcome to use these 2 roads to access dining and shopping. ALL other streets in city limits are off-limits. If traveling to Go-Mart (left at the light, on Rt 16) you are required to ride along the side of the road and obey all WV ATV laws. If in doubt contact Sophia City Hall at 304.683.4456.
- In a Jeep/Truck no, however seatbelts are required as well as a roll cage and/or hard top. In a SxS helmets are required for passengers under age 18.
- ATVs/Quads/Dirtbikes, yes. Engine on = Helmet on.